In the infographic, I will show you what is the best way to build a website. The most common questions about building a website are:
- What are your choices?
- How much does it cost?
- How long does it take?
- How annoying is the whole process?
- What is the best choice for me?
You know you want to build a website, but what’s the best way to make that happen? Find out whether you should use a website builder, WordPress or a web developer to build your website!
What are your choices?
Website builders are tools that allow the construction of websites without manual code editing. They fall into two categories:
- online proprietary tools provided by web hosting companies. These are typically intended for users to build their private site.
- software which runs on a computer, creating pages offline and which can then publish these pages on any host.
WordPress has become one of the most popular web publishing platforms and today it powers more than 70 million websites, but what many people don’t realize is that WordPress is not just a blogging tool, it’s also a highly flexible content management system or CMS that enables you to build and manage your own full-featured website using just your web browser and best of all it’s completely free!
First you need to think, do you need a designer or a developer? It, of course depends on your project requirements. Designers – in order to create things which a family member wouldn’t think of such as a colour scheme and brand identity and developers who create your custom code of your website. Anyway in both ways, it will be very expensive. We recommend you to hire a developer only for very “big” projects anticipating high revenue.
How much does it cost?
Most of the website builders are free, but every free website builder on also offers a set of premium packages, many of which include more space, bandwidth, custom domain name and a hosting of additional features. The WordPress is free, but you will have to buy a web hosting plan, which will cost you around $100 per year. A Web Developer will cost you around $30-$50 per hour and depending on the complexity of your project will need from 50 to 1000 hours of work.
How long does it take?
You can easily publish a website within a few hours with a website builder. The WordPress will take longer as you will have a lot of technical things to do, like:
- buy and set up correctly your hosting plan
- buy a new domain name or point your existing one to the correct DNS servers of your hosting
- install WordPress /with some hosting companies, it takes less than a minute/
- edit your themes, CSS, content and more in the administrator panel
As I said before, the developer will need more than four weeks to complete your project, depending on the complexity.
Website Builders – Pros and Cons
- Building website process is super fast.
- Amazing ability to create quick, beautiful websites with practically zero technical ability.
- Allows for quick deployment.
- Few narrow choices that prevent the user from being overwhelmed.
- Automatic responsive design, even without the conscious effort of the designer.
- Updates are automatic.
- The cheapest way to build a website
- Hard to fully customize anything.
- Difficult to implement back-end code.
- Having a really specific design is hard