GoDaddy Website Builder Review
GoDaddy is best known for its inexpensive Web hosting services and cheap domain name register, but the hosting giant also offers online website builder. It offers a lot of storage and bandwidth, as well as no limitation on the number of pages on your website and also get a free domain registration.
Like most web builders, GoDaddy Website Builder offers three plan levels – Personal, Business, and Business Plus, but none of which include a full online store. The Website Builder allows you to add a PayPal Store, which is quite limited. GoDaddy also offers an ecommerce solution called Quick Shopping Cart, but to use it, you need to upgrade your GoDaddy plan.
- Ease of Use 80%
- Design Flexibility 88%
- Themes Design 85%
- e-Commerce 55%
- Blogging 68%
- SEO 91%
- Support 85%
GoDaddy is the largest domain name registrar in the world and offers one of the most comprehensive set of website building tools to its customers. GoDaddy manage over 60 million domain names, with more than 13 million paying customers (not free users, but people who actually pay), and has a very strong 24/7, 365 days customer support system.
GoDaddy’s Website Builder aims to help professionals create a small business website.
Is GoDaddy good for you?
If you are a small business owner, designer, restaurant keeper, doctor, musician, accounting, legal or etc., who want to build a website that’s simple and beautiful, GoDaddy should be able to help you.
The GoDaddy Dashboard is very intuitive, with a one-column floating toolbar showing page elements such as images, buttons, maps, videos, and shapes. A header along the top is where you control all the actions, such as: adding pages, undo, preview and publish.
From the Site Settings menu, you can add your favicon, turn on social-sharing buttons, choose whether you want the site to be responsive for mobile devices and set your SEO settings – the meta title and description of your pages.
All important apps are included /Facebook-Share, Google Maps, YouTube videos and many more/. There’s also a nice listing app that makes listing houses, prices, MP3 streaming player and etc.
GoDaddy’s websites are not mobile responsive. But they do have a mobile display feature which is pretty basic.
Grow per Year
The numbers above are not strictly to GoDaddy Website Builder division since they have no public statistics.
Templates & Designs
- 300+ Business & Personal Themes with Business and Business Plus plans.
- Templates have a modern look.
- Templates for different industries in several categories, such as: business, finance, law, education, health & beauty, entertainment, charity, portfolio, family, wedding, real estate, restaurant, recreation and etc.
- Templates come structured and pre-populated with content, which can save you a lot of time.
- Templates are SEO friendly.
- Plenty of other cool add-ons.
- Once you select a template, if you change it to another template – you will lose all your content.
- GoDaddy do not allow you access to edit the HTML or CSS codes.
- Compared to the desktop, the look and the feel of the mobile versions of their templates are very “rough”.
Easy to use
- Took us about 10 minutes to get acquainted with how to use GoDaddy Website Builder.
- The editor is simple and the basics are easy to understand.
- To keep things simple and minimalistic, GoDaddy has only one toolbar on your left side.
- A lot of different functions and tools makes GoDaddy really customizable.
- GoDaddy has an extensive support library.
- Video Tutorials
- Rich Knowledge Base
- Email Support
- Phone Support
- Live Chat Support
- It takes us about 30 min to start the live chat session.
- Social Media Integration.
- All GoDaddy plans include a domain.
- All important apps are included – Social Sharing, Google Maps, YouTube and more.
- SEO Friendly.
- GoDaddy offers an eCommerce solution.
- You can add third-party apps and widgets.
- Add banners, Google AdSense or affiliate links.
- No integrated statistic tools. You need to add an external solution like Google Analytics.
- Editor for Mobile version of your website.
- The GoDaddy ad in the footer can be switched off.
- The cheapest plan only offers 50 themes.
- You can’t switch to another template without losing your content.
- SEO tools to improve your Google ranking, such as changing the title, headline tags and description for each web page.
- GoDaddy also offers a paid SEO service.
- GoDaddy doesn’t allow Google to index pictures.
|Suitable for||Perfect for personal websites||Ideal for small businesses||For your growing business needs|
|Price - renewal||£4.99/month||£6.99/month||£10.99/month|
|Domain||Free Domain with annual plan||Free Domain with annual plan||Free Domain with annual plan|
|Templates||50 Personal Themes||300 Business & Personal Themes||300 Business & Personal Themes|
|Pages||Unlimited Pages||Unlimited Pages||Unlimited Pages|
|Webspace||1 GB Disk Space||10 GB Disk Space||50 GB Disk Space|
|Bandwidth||150 GB Bandwidth||500 GB Bandwidth||1000 GB Bandwidth|
|Business email from Office 365, free for 1st year||Business email from Office 365, free for 1st year||Business email from Office 365, free for 1st year|
|One-Click Social Media Manager||NO||NO||YES|
|SSL Certificate||NO||NO||Free for 1st year|
GoDaddy Backend Review
Themes are grouped into 18 categories from Business to Music to Pets to Travel and World. Each category has several theme options and many of them could be adjusted to suit more than just one type of business.
The editor has three basic parts: the webpage in the middle, the toolbox at the left and the navigation bar at the top.
GoDaddy Website Builder Tutorials
Some Websites using GoDaddy Builder
We have mixed feelings about GoDaddy’s Website Builder. On one side:
GoDaddy website builder is simple to use, not the simplest we’ve tried, stylish builder, which can enable you to quickly build a good looking and professional website. They have over 300 design templates for you to choose from 18 different categories and many subcategories. With their 24/7/365 phone, live chat and email support, GoDaddy has one of the best support in the industry. But on the other side:
The GoDaddy website builder makes it hard to add a store or a blog. Both can be done, but you have to do some extra steps, pay more and you either have to replace your website with the online shop or create a new account.
Because of that, it’s hard to recommend GoDaddy for online stores or blogs.
For a business specializing in selling goods to thrive in this day and age, having an online presence is a must. With more and more people spending their time online to buy the things they need, it’s important for any e-commerce company to provide its clients with a...
The Wix website builder has become incredibly well known over the last years that are few. If building a beautiful and interactive website is a priority for you to consider for you, Wix is the perfect website builder candidate.
Jimdo was created back in 2007. It is based out of Germany, where their team supports more than 8 different languages. In recent years, they have become one of the major website builders worldwide with more than 15 million websites already built with Jimdo. As with...
Founded in 2007, Weebly is privately funded by Sequoia Capital, Baseline Ventures, Ron Conway, and Y Combinator. Weebly is available in 12 languages (English, French, Portuguese, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, Chinese, Turkish, Dutch, and German). Weebly gives...