Weebly Website Builder Review
Founded in 2007, Weebly is privately funded by Sequoia Capital, Baseline Ventures, Ron Conway, and Y Combinator. Weebly is available in 12 languages (English, French, Portuguese, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, Chinese, Turkish, Dutch, and German).
Weebly gives millions of people an easy and affordable way to create a website that is as unique and beautiful. It is very user-friendly, robust and reliable website builder. From creating stores, to editing slideshows, to customizing themes, Weebly is a joy to use and it gives everyone the freedom to start a site, blog or online store that works brilliantly across computers, phones and tablets. Weebly has more than 20M Weebly websites and it is growing.
- Ease of Use 92%
- Design Flexibility 93%
- Themes Design 89%
- e-Commerce 86%
- Blogging 94%
- SEO 94%
- Support 90%
Weebly is one of the more popular website builders, with well over 20 million websites hosted. They have several hundred employees and are growing. Weebly sites receive over 175,000,000 unique visitors each month and is offered in 12 languages. Weebly is our recommended website builder for non-tech small business owners. Weebly is one of the easiest to use website builders we’ve tested so far. They are not trying to impress you with some fancy dashboard and useless tools, they keep it simple and effective, that’s why we like Weebly and put them to spot No. 2 on our table of the best website builders.
Is Weebly good for you?
Weebly is really easy to use and it is suitable for all ranges of businesses, personal sites or e-commerce. In Design mode, you can change your site’s visual theme, fonts, and background, and even edit the HTML and CSS
Weebly’s drag-and-drop builder provides you with lots of custom tools. And more, you are provided with full customization control, because you can access the HTML/CSS code. The site-building interface is as clear as possible. On the left, there are two rows of page elements—text, image, embed code, map, button, and so… Smaller buttons on the top of the toolbar let you switch among basic, structural, media, commerce, polls, social buttons, and forums element groups.
Weebly has a full stock of fresh, contemporary themes. It has over 120 professionally designed themes that you can use.
Weebly has plenty of built-in features, but it doesn’t have everything. Some platforms, like Wix overcome this by allowing 3rd Party apps.
Weebly’s themes are not responsive! Instead, Weebly includes mobile themes that work alongside your desktop theme. There are about 20+ different mobile themes and they all have a similar layout and you can customize the mobile themes color.
Grow per Year
Templates & Designs
- Weebly offer a great selection of more than 120 flexible templates.
- Templates in 3 categories: Site, Blog, Store.
- Weebly has been creating more and more template designs – so they are improving
- Weebly gives you access to their HTML / CSS editor
- Full commerce options
- Creates custom mobile sites
- Lets you download your site code
Easy to use
- You can literally build a good website in less than an hour
- Weebly is strictly for people who want to drag and drop, and probably don’t know much about SEO
- Weebly is simple, minimalistic and effective
- Easy to upload and keep the website up to date
- We didn’t find any, Weebly is really easy to use
- Video Tutorials
- Email Support
- Phone Support
- Live Chat
- Live Chat Support is available only from Monday to Friday, 11am – 9pm Eastern Standard Time
- For free accounts, Weebly offers only an email support option and a Knowledge Base.
- You can buy a domain from Weebly
- A lot of Widgets to use
- Allows you to add external widgets and other tools
- SEO Friendly
- E-commerce/Online Store
- Mobile templates
- Google AdSense + Banners
- Weebly has its own tracking tool, or you can use Google Analytics instead
- You can use an external newsletter system, such as Mailchimp
- The free version has a small advertising link in the footer
- Weebly only offer .com, .net or .org domains
- Title, meta and description tags are all customizable
- You can add ALT text to images
- URL text is always created from the respective menu item
- Weebly Pro users also get important information: most visited pages, search terms and referring sites
- Google Analytics to start tracking your website visitor statistics
- We didn’t find any. For a website builder, Weebly provides decent SEO tools.
|Free domain||NO||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year|
|Drag & drop builder||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Connect your domain||NO||YES||YES||YES|
|Premium support||Email + Chat||Email + Chat||Email + Chat + Phone||Email + Chat + Phone|
|Remove Weebly link||NO||YES||YES||YES|
|Your own favicon||NO||YES||YES||YES|
|HD video & audio players||NO||NO||YES||YES|
|Password protect pages||NO||NO||YES||YES|
|Membership||NO||NO||Up to 100||Unlimited|
|Google Advertising credit||NO||$100||$100||$100|
|Number of products||Up to 5||Up to 10||Up to 25||Unlimited|
|Weebly transaction fee||3%||3%||3%||0%|
|Integrated shopping cart||checkout.weebly.com||checkout.weebly.com||checkout.weebly.com||On your domain|
|Shipping & tax calculator||NO||NO||NO||YES|
Weebly Backend Review
The first step, after you log in is to choose the focus of your website: Basic website, Blog or Store.
After that, you can simply choose one of the highly customizable templates and start editing it.
Step 3 is to choose your domain name. You have 3 options:
- Use a subdomain of weebly.com, e.g. yourdomain.weebly.com – if you decide to upgrade to a new domain later, all traffic will automatically forward to your new domain.
- Register a new domain /only .com, .org, .net/
- Connect a domain, you already own
Step 4 is to start customizing your template. You can change the font, header, color scheme, and all major web design elements from a dead-simple interface.
Weebly’s drag and drop form builder makes it easy to build custom contact forms, RSVP lists, and surveys. Integrate these elements into your website for a variety of unique engagement and data gathering options.
Customize a form by dragging and dropping new fields into any configuration.
The Weebly system makes it easy to store and access your form responses.
Your website stats are calculated in real-time so you can keep a close eye on your data and traffic patterns. For even deeper insight into your web stats, Weebly makes it easy to add Google Analytics code for advanced website tracking.
Some Websites using Weebly Builder
When all is said and done, Weebly is one of the best drag-and-drop website builders out there. They have great pricing, good functionality, and good user experience.
If you are someone who is not technologically savvy, you will appreciate the easy to use drop and drag tools on Weebly. You can build an awesome website in only a few hours and you can edit it easily. Whenever you have a question, the Weebly Help Center have the answer.
A good approach is to start with a free website, familiarize yourself with their control panel and how difficult it is for you to use Weebly, then make your decision to upgrade or not.
There is no time limit to use their free services.
GoDaddy is best known for its inexpensive Web hosting services and cheap domain name register, but the hosting giant also offers online website builder. It offers a lot of storage and bandwidth, as well as no limitation on the number of pages on your website and also...
Jimdo was created back in 2007. It is based out of Germany, where their team supports more than 8 different languages. In recent years, they have become one of the major website builders worldwide with more than 15 million websites already built with Jimdo. As with...