Wix Website Builder Review
The Wix website builder has become incredibly well known over the last years that are few. If building a beautiful and interactive website is a priority for you to consider for you, Wix is the perfect website builder candidate. Today Wix is one of the biggest players in the website builders and hosts a whopping 71 million websites. Some of the Wix pros are: hundreds of templates for specific businesses, free account option, good mobile site building tools, rich web store building features, integrates with PayPal, iTunes, and AdSense for site monetization & more.
- Ease of Use 95%
- Design Flexibility 96%
- Themes Design 94%
- e-Commerce 95%
- Blogging 98%
- SEO 92%
- Support 91%
Wix.com is a leading web that is a cloud-based platform with over 71 million registered users across 190 countries. Wix was founded on the belief that the Internet should be accessible to everyone to develop, create and contribute. Through free and subscriptions that are premium Wix empowers millions of businesses, organizations, professionals and individuals to take their businesses, brands and workflow online. The Wix Editor and highly curated App Market enable users to build and manage a fully integrated and dynamic presence that is online. Wix’s headquarters are in Tel Aviv with offices in San Francisco, New York, Vilnius and Dnepropetrovsk.
Is Wix good for you?
If you are a dentist, musician, entertainer, blogger, photographer, designer, in the restaurant & hospitality industry, a small business owner, etc. who want to build a website that’s interactive, creative and beautiful with practically zero web development skill level – Wix is ideal for you.
Wix’s MyAccount allows business that is small to manage and automate aspects of their business including:
Collect and manage contacts: Create and manage customer contact lists with contact activity and information data sourced through the owner’s site. Website owners are also able to upload, integrate and manage contact that is external. Wix’s data API that is sharing, further enables users to capture a variety of actions taken by a user’s website visitors, such as contact information, messages, purchases, bookings, and more.
The visitor data for each site is stored and managed in a database that is centralized to that site and can be accessed by installed apps, giving owners the ability to make business decisions, handle customer relationships, and take other actions based on the strength of the integrated data.
Wix’s powerful technology makes it simple for everyone to go online with a beautiful, professional and functional web presence. Wix has also released two new features in the past months: Wix ShoutOut and Smart Actions, which allow users to leverage e-Newsletters for broadened marketing and manage Facebook Ads.
Over 9.3 million mobile sites have been created on the Wix platform to date, making Wix among the largest mobile site development platforms globally.
Grow per Year
Templates & Designs
- Professional looking templates- Wix has over 450 HTML5-based templates and a handful of flash-based templates available for use.
- Templates for different industries in several categories: Business & Services, Music, Entertainment, Online Store, Blog, Hotel & Travel, Restaurant & Hospitality, Photography, Creative, Arts Design, Retail & Fashion, One-Pager, Personal.
- Templates are SEO friendly and they are also compatible with Apple mobile devices (such as iPhones, iPads and iPods).
- Wix’s templates are super customizable.
- Wix is one of the few site builders that let you animate text and other elements.
- Templates that you can build from scratch.
- Plenty of other cool add-ons.
- Wix’s range of photo galleries, video players, animation option.
- Once you select a template, you cannot change it to another template.
- Wix do not allow you access to edit the HTML or CSS codes.
Easy to use
- Took us about 15 minutes to get acquainted with how to use Wix
- The drag-and-drop interface works very simple.
- With Wix’s HTML builder you can easily design your site for desktops, laptops and any mobile device.
- A lot of different functions and tools makes Wix really customizable.
- There are help buttons everywhere to make your job even easier.
- We didn’t find any, Wix is really easy to use
- Video Tutorials
- Email Support
- Forum Community
- Phone Support
- Support Center
- SEO Help
- Wix don’t have Live Chat Support
- Social Media Integration
- More than 260 Apps for you to integrate into your Wix website
- SEO Friendly
- E-commerce/Online Store
- Google AdSense + Banners
- Google Analytics with any of the premium packages.
- Custom Domain
- We didn’t find any
- Wix allows you to build either an HTML5-based website or a flash-based website
- SEO tools to improve your Google ranking
- Search engines cannot rank flash-based websites, your website should be built on HTML5
|Yearly Plans (If you pay once a year)|
|Monthly Plans (If you pay once a month)||Free||£ 3.72||£ 6.84||£ 9.97||£ 12.44|
|Free domain||No||No||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year|
|Google Adwords||No||No||Up to $75 Gift Vouchers||Up to $75 Gift Vouchers||Up to $75 Gift Vouchers|
|Free Premium Apps||No||No||No||2 Apps - Value $118||2 Apps - Value $118|
|Connect Your Domain||NO||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Remove Wix Ads||NO||NO||YES||YES||YES|
|Get a Free Domain*||NO||NO||YES||YES||YES|
|No Mobile Ads||NO||NO||YES||YES||YES|
|Google AdWords Voucher*||NO||NO||$75||$75||$75|
|Form Builder App*||NO||NO||NO||YES||YES|
|Site Booster App*||NO||NO||NO||YES||YES|
Wix Backend Review
When you log in, choose a category of your website – there are several main categories: Business & Services, Music, Entertainment, Online Store, Blog, Hotel & Travel, Restaurant & Hospitality, Photography, Creative, Arts Design, Retail & Fashion, One-Pager, Personal.
Wix has over 450 HTML5-based templates and a handful of flash-based templates available for use. Simply choose one of them! For our test, we used DEMI WATSON – interior design.
In your Template Editor, you have four options on your left sidebar:
- Background – choose color, image or video
- Add button – insert text, image, gallery, box, strip, shape, video, music, social, contact, menu, list, blog, store & more
- Wix App Market – More than 260 Apps for you to integrate into your Wix website, basically everything you need to enrich your website and grow your business
- My Uploads – Images, music, docs and more, get your files uploaded and ready for use
Wix Customer Reviews
Some Websites using Wix Builder
Overall, Wix gives the users as many options as possible – hundreds of templates, apps, tools and free advertising vouchers. Wix’s templates are clean, professional and when applied to your website, can give the impression that you paid a lot of dollars for a custom-built website. The App Market is a very useful tool which makes the implementation of additional features such as photo and slider galleries into your website as easy as adding an app to your smartphone.
Wix has a comprehensive support center, email & phone support, and also a very active community forum, if you have any questions. As a minus – they don’t have live chat support.
There is no doubt that the templates look very gorgeous, but they also come with some very basic flaws. Wix does not allow you access to edit the HTML or CSS codes. Another shortcoming is that you cannot change your template once you have made your initial choice.
Wix has created a product that certainly is impressive in many ways. Not everything about the builder is perfect, but Wix is among the most user-friendly tools of its kind.
For a business specializing in selling goods to thrive in this day and age, having an online presence is a must. With more and more people spending their time online to buy the things they need, it’s important for any e-commerce company to provide its clients with a...
GoDaddy is best known for its inexpensive Web hosting services and cheap domain name register, but the hosting giant also offers online website builder. It offers a lot of storage and bandwidth, as well as no limitation on the number of pages on your website and also...
Jimdo was created back in 2007. It is based out of Germany, where their team supports more than 8 different languages. In recent years, they have become one of the major website builders worldwide with more than 15 million websites already built with Jimdo. As with...
Founded in 2007, Weebly is privately funded by Sequoia Capital, Baseline Ventures, Ron Conway, and Y Combinator. Weebly is available in 12 languages (English, French, Portuguese, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, Chinese, Turkish, Dutch, and German). Weebly gives...