Jimdo Website Builder Review
Jimdo was created back in 2007. It is based out of Germany, where their team supports more than 8 different languages. In recent years, they have become one of the major website builders worldwide with more than 15 million websites already built with Jimdo.
As with all the Website builders, you can begin designing a Jimdo website before even signing up for an account. Jimdo’s free account is pretty generous by industry standards.
- Ease of Use 88% 88%
- Design Flexibility 91% 91%
- Themes Design 82% 82%
- e-Commerce 82% 82%
- Blogging 78% 78%
- SEO 86% 86%
- Support 87% 87%
The story of Jimdo
Take a heaping portion of hard work, mix in a healthy pinch of megalomania and an even larger dose of self-deprecation, and add in lots of laughter: now you’re on your way to describing the three Jimdo founders – Fridtjof Detzner, Matthias Henze and Christian Springub. The company started in Germany, but they have internationalized the company quite fast; with offices in San Francisco, China and Japan.
Is Jimdo good for you?
Jimdo is ideal for small to medium sized businesses, as its e-commerce platform is more than excellent. Jimdo removes all barriers to enable you to create your own professional website, regardless of whether you’re a restaurant owner, band member or freelancer.
Jimdo has an iPhone/iPad app, which allows you to edit your website from mobile devices. Using the Widget / HTML element, you can add thousands of different functions to any of your pages. You can add Facebook comments, search, music players, Yelp, LinkedIn, Mailchimp, Google Calendar, Google Translate, Embedded video (YouTube), photo galleries & more to keep your website looking good.
All templates are optimized for mobile devices and you have the option to edit the CSS and HTML codes of the mobile website so you can add more functionality and style to your mobile site.
Grow per Year
Templates & Designs
- After you create your site, you can change your template at any time without losing any of your content
- Each of Jimdo’s templates supports customization
- Templates are in four main categories: business, store, portfolio, personal
- Templates with full background video, full background slideshows
- Jimdo allows you access to their HTML and CSS editor
- Third-party templates providers out there that give you more design options and choices
- All templates are optimized for mobile devices
Easy to use
- Took us about 30 minutes to get acquainted with how to use Jimdo
- Well organized and very intuitive with drag and drop
- iPhone/iPad app allows you to edit your website from mobile devices
- Jimdo has no preview function
- Video Tutorials
- Email Support
- Live Chat Support
- Phone Support
- Support Center
- SEO Help
- Live Chat function from 9 am – 5 pm PST
- Response rates for paid packages are usually within 1 to 2 business days
- Social Media Integration
- Allows you to add other widgets and tools
- SEO Options – Page title, meta descriptions, URLs and image ALT tags are all editable on the PRO plan.
- E-commerce/Online Store
- Google AdSense + Banners
- Google Analytics with any of the premium packages.
- Custom Domain
- The plans also include e-mail addresses, which you can manage directly from within Jimdo.
- Doesn’t offer a newsletter tool anymore
- Jimdo web pages are automatically “search engine” optimized.
- SEO tools to improve your Google ranking
- Page title, meta descriptions, URLs and image ALT tags are all editable on the PRO plan. In the Business Plan, you can also exclude certain pages from search engines and set 301 redirects.
- We didn’t find any
|Best for||Everything you need to start a website||Perfect for creatives, freelancers, and bloggers||Best for your business or online store|
Now and forever
|Domain||Jimdo.com Subdomain||1 Custom Domain||2 Custom Domains|
|NO||1 Email Account||Business Email Package|
|Support||Support Center||Fast and Friendly Support||Priority Support|
|Advertisement||relatively small Jimdo button in the footer||Ad-free||Ad-free|
|Mobile||NO||Optimized for Mobile||Optimized for Mobile|
|SEO||Basic SEO||Search Engine Optimization (SEO)||Search Engine Optimization (SEO) with Advanced Features|
|eCommerce||NO||Basic Online Store||Complete Online Store|
|Widgets||NO||Popular Widgets||Popular Widgets|
|Extras||NO||NO||Mobile Express Page|
Jimdo Backend Review
Jimdo’s eCommerce platform provides you with back-end support which helps you track inventory, open / close orders and automatic pre-set email responses to your customers, etc. From your back-end control panel, you can change templates, styles, activate blog, edit your settings, edit your Page title, meta descriptions, URLs and image ALT tags, manage your store, view your statistics & more.
Jimdo Customer Reviews
Some Websites using Jimdo Builder
Jimdo’s free platform, which provides you enough tools to build a very functional and stylish website. There are no time limitations as to how long you can remain a free user.
Jimdo has all the necessary e-commerce features integrated into their website builder. Their paid plans include a domain name, email accounts and a great eCommerce feature tools, which provide you with back-end support such as tracking of inventory, manage your orders, automatic mail responses, set discount codes & more.
For a business specializing in selling goods to thrive in this day and age, having an online presence is a must. With more and more people spending their time online to buy the things they need, it’s important for any e-commerce company to provide its clients with a...
The Wix website builder has become incredibly well known over the last years that are few. If building a beautiful and interactive website is a priority for you to consider for you, Wix is the perfect website builder candidate.
GoDaddy is best known for its inexpensive Web hosting services and cheap domain name register, but the hosting giant also offers online website builder. It offers a lot of storage and bandwidth, as well as no limitation on the number of pages on your website and also...
Founded in 2007, Weebly is privately funded by Sequoia Capital, Baseline Ventures, Ron Conway, and Y Combinator. Weebly is available in 12 languages (English, French, Portuguese, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, Chinese, Turkish, Dutch, and German). Weebly gives...